The Nokia E63 is available at a price of around Indian Rupee(INR) Rs. 12,300. compared to INR Rs.19,500 for E71.
If it lives up to the reputation of the E71, then the E63 is definitely good value for your money.The only negative point Nokia E63 has is lack of GPS and 2 mp camera compared to 3.5 mp for E71.
Nokia has officially launched the latest smartphone “Nokia E63″, designed for people who need to manage their business and personal lives equally well. The Nokia E63 is announced as the mass market messaging device at affordable price. The E63 resembles the Nokia E71 model in design and in most of the features.It is actually can be called “low-end” E71. Alongside a full QWERTY keyboard, Nokia E63 also features:
- Symbian S60, version 3.1
- 2.36-inch TFT display screen with 16 million colors and 320×240 pixel
- Quad band GSM connectivity (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz)
- 3G (In some models)
- HTML browser
- Nokia Maps
- Files on Ovi
- Bluetooth 2.0
- miniUSB 2.0
- A 3.5mm headset jack
- Music player
- FM radio with RDS
- A 2 MP camera (no autofocus)
- 110MB of internal memory
- MicroSD & MicroSDHC card support, up to 8GB
- 126 grams
- 113 x 59 x 13 mm
E63 is better in some aspects too
- more shortcut keys.
- 3.5 mm audio out jack (the normal audio jack) (compared to 2.5 mm abnormal jack for E71)
Nokia E63 Vs Nokia E71
- The newly announced E63 lacks GPS whereas the E71 has the GPS feature.
- The newly announced E63 has 2 megapixel camera(no autofocus) whereas the Nokia E71 has 3.2 megapixels camera(autofocus)
- The Nokia E63 has more plastic colured body as opposed to the metal body of E71.The front is a metallic-finish, whilst the back cover is a soft-touch finish - both attract far few fingerprints than the E71’s.
- The E63 is nearly identical in dimensions to the E71 except for the depth - the E63 is around 1.5 times the depth of the E71.
- The E63 has a 3.5mm jack on top versus the E71’s 2.5mm jack on the side. This appears to be the first E-series to have a standard headphone socket - something normally saved for N-series.
- The E63 has no side buttons for volume or voice recording. It’s also missing the E71’s IR window.
- The E63 has a revised keyboard layout, adding a ‘/’ button on the lower row, shortening the space bar.
- The E63 appears to have a slightly smaller dimension screen although it is the same 320 by 240 pixels as the E71.
- The E63 does not support HSDPA data in all models.
- The E63 has the same 110 MB internal memory, but is shipped without an additional memory card (although a slot to add one is present).
- The E63 adds a flashlight function that allows the camera’s LED flash to be used as a torch.
- The E63 lacks the E71’s faux-leather slip case.
E63 vs e51 - http://www.phonegg.com/compare/24/Nokia-E51-vs-Nokia-E63.html
And .. a bonus for my loyal readers ..
Nokia'a RoadMap for new smartphones.
Is your Dream Phone out there ?
Nokia’s leaked internal road-map for the upcoming smartphones including the Touchscreens has emerged on BGR.The phones have codenames only in the leaked road-map but it can be judged from it that many touchscreen,smartphone goodies are coming from Nokia.Below is the leaked road-map:
|Product Code||Codename||OS||Prototype availability||Notes||Status|
|RM-320||Aino||3.1||2007 wk 22||N95 8GB||Development complete|
|RM-187||Ariane||3.2||2007 wk 28||5710 XpressMusic||Development complete|
|RM-235||Merlin||3.2||2007 wk 37||N78||Development complete|
|RM-462||Piranha||3.2.1||2007 wk 39||AT&T version of E71. Software based on 6650||Development complete|
|RM-261||Hammer||3.2.2||2007 wk 40||?||Cancelled|
|RM-313||Sharaku||3.1||2007 wk 42||N82||Development complete|
|RM-333||Gadget||3.2.3||2007 wk 50||N85||Development complete|
|RM-247||Lumiere||3.2||2008 wk 0||N96||Development complete|
|RM-328||Astro||3.2||2008 wk 1||6220 classic||Development complete|
|RM-346||Leevi||3.1||2008 wk 11||E71-1||Development complete|
|RM-357||Leevi||3.1||2008 wk 11||E71-3||Development complete|
|RM-422||Wheldon||3.1||2008 wk 12||Vassini facelift (Ed.: We don’t know what Vassini is.)||Development complete|
|RM-367||Polaris||3.2||2008 wk 16||6210 Navigator||Development complete|
|RM-370||Surfer||3.2||2008 wk 17||Landscape, 2.6-inch QVGA, QWERTY, GPS, NaviWheel, 5MP camera, DVB-H, quadband GSM, HSDPA, WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0||Development complete|
|RM-401||Roxy||3.2.1||2008 wk 17||Version of 6650 with half-QWERTY keyboard added. Includes Mail for Exchange. Quadband GSM, HSDPA||Canceled|
|RM-423||Bruce Lee||3.2.1||2008 wk 19||HSDPA, AGPS, 3.2MP camera||Development complete|
|RM-409||Celine||3.2||2008 wk 25||5320 XpressMusic||Development complete|
|RM-356||Tube||5.0||2008 wk 29||5800 XpressMusic||Development complete|
|RM-348||Vivien||3.2||2008 wk 37||N79||In development|
|?||Athlon||3.2||2008 wk 40||N85 refresh. Quadband GSM, HSDPA, 5MP camera with xenon flash, 8-16GB ROM, analog joystick, integrated compass, stereo speakers, GPS, WiFi||In development|
|RM-437||Sofie||3.1||2008 wk 44||E63. E71 downgrade, 2MP camera, no 3G||Development complete|
|RM-331||IP08||5.0||2008 wk 46||Widescreen touch, Naviscroll, QWERTY, AGPS, FM radio and transmitter, 5MP AF camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, TV-out||In development|
|RM-431||Shakira||3.2||2008 wk 46||Candybar, WiFi||In development|
|RM-469||Stella||3.2.3||2008 wk 48||Candybar — successor to E51. AGPS with integrated compass, 3MP camera with LED flash, WiFi||In development|
|RM-482||Terra||3.2.3||2008 wk 48||Version of Stella with hybrid QWERTY keypad||In development|
|RM-424||Gwen||3.2||2008 wk 51||Candybar, AGPS, 5MP AF camera with LED flash||In development|
|?||Ivalo||5.0||2008 wk 52||Follow-on to IP08. 3.5-inch wide touchscreen, 32GB ROM, AGPS, FM transmitter and receiver, 5MP camera, WiFi, TV-out, Bluetooth||In development|
|?||Mobile Office 09||3.2||2008 wk 52||?||In development|
|RM-412||Victoria||3.2.3||2009 wk 6||?||In development|
|RM-343||Dawn||3.1||2008 wk 9||E66||Development complete|
|?||Corolla||5.0.1||2009 wk 11||3.0-inch VGA display, non-touch, 8MP camera, half QWERTY keyboard, 128MB RAM, 8GB ROM, WiFI, UPnP, HSPA, AGPS, FM transmitter||In development|
|P3838||Madeleine||3.2.3||2009 wk 13||Side-sliding QWERTY, WiFi, Bluetooth, FM radio, VoIP, GPS, 3.2MP camera, N-Gage support with gaming keys||In development|
|?||Vector||3.2.3||2009 wk 14||?||In development|
|?||Jig||3.2||2009 wk 17||Landscape slider for AT&T using 6650’s guts. Quadband GSM, HSDPA, 2MP camera, 2.4-inch display||In development|
|RM-453||Eitri||5.0.1||2009 wk 17||Landscape candybar with QWERTY, 3.5-inch 640×350 display, minimum 8GB ROM, microSD, pressure sensitive touch UI with tactile feedback and gestures, charging via USB, 5MP AF camera with dual LED flash, integrated compass and accelerometer, proximity sensor, FM transmitter|