Thursday, June 25, 2015

Oh My Darling Clementine - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Lacuna Incorporated does memory wipes

Jim Carrey as Joel Barish and Kate Winslet as Clementine Kruczynski star in this sci-fi rom-com featuring a time when memories can be wiped to forget a failed love affair.

Lacuna Incorporated is the company that tries out their nascent sci-fi technology on their estranged lovers who fall in love at first sight. They have a falling apart and then erase their memories together only to meet again - love at first sight all over again.

For first time watchers, know that the timeline may be difficult to follow, so watch Clementine's hair color - that helps a bit.




Bonus : Lyrics to "Oh My Darling Clementine"

Near a cavern, across from a canyon,
Excavating for a mine,
Lived a miner, forty-niner
And his daughter Clementine

Oh my Darling, Oh my Darling,
Oh my Darling Clementine.
You are lost and gone forever,
Dreadful sorry, Clementine.



Light she was and like a fairy,
And her shoes were number nine
Herring boxes without topses
Sandals were for Clementine.

CHORUS:

Drove she ducklings to the water
Every morning just at nine,
Hit her foot against a splinter
Fell into the foaming brine.

CHORUS:

Ruby lips above the water,
Blowing bubbles soft and fine,
But alas, I was no swimmer,
So I lost my Clementine.

CHORUS:

How I missed her! How I missed her!
How I missed my Clementine,
Till I kissed her little sister,
And forgot my Clementine.

CHORUS:

Then the miner, forty-niner,
Soon began to peak and pine,
Thought he oughter join his daughter,
Now he's with his Clementine.

CHORUS:
In the church yard in the canyon
Where the myrtle doth entwine
There grows roses and other posies
Fertilized by Clementine.


"Oh My Darling, Clementine" is an American western folk ballad in 87.87D trochaic metre usually credited to Percy Montrose (1884), although it is sometimes credited to Barker Bradford.

8 bit cinemas have made a tribute 8 bit video game type synopsis of the story.




It is a very beautifully made movie which explores love at first sight and the fact that people keep trying to forget failed love affairs. The comical and laid back attitude of the supposedly hi-tech Lacuna Incorporated Technicians while doing the memory wipe add tot he humor with Kirsten Dunst having a memorable performance.

IMDb rating 8.4/10 from 579,928 users   Metascore: 89/100 

Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer at an awesome  93%

No comments:

How to get N95 Masks in India - कैसे पाएं मास्क? Yellow, White, Blue or Black ?

कैसे पाएं मास्क? पीला, सफेद, नीला या काला? There are many colors of masks available in India of different colors. What is the difference ? W...